Wednesday, February 6, 2008

So Little to Do, So Much Time

I've got time to write in my blog, but not too much to write about in the way of writing about things that are things. Reminds me of when I started a journal. There is a specific entry that I like to laugh at. "Nothing to say today." I was holding to my commitment to write in my journal every night, but couldn't think of anything to say. So I said I had nothing to say. Makes sense, but it's still kinda funny.

It also reminds me of a (somewhat) famous journal entry by the King of England (was it George III? I can never remember) who on July 4, 1776, wrote "Nothing of importance happened today." I get a kick out of that one sometimes, too.

So, while I don't have much to say about how I'm saying things I'm saying, I have plenty to say about how I'm saying things I'm not saying. I think.

1 comment:

Ransom said...

I've heard tell of journals where people who had nothing to say faithfully recorded weather observations that turned out to be scientifically invaluable later. Nowadays not so much, since you know somebody's keeping track of the weather anyway.