So tonight we went on a magical journey to the land of Middle Earth. That's right, folks, for the first time in (what is it now, years?) My friends and I watched Lord of The Rings. Well, actually we only watched The Fellowship of the Ring, but we are planning on finishing the trilogy within the week! Talk about a marathon. But it is totally fun. Recommended if you haven't seen them in a while. Mention has been made of watching all 6 Star Wars movies, but no results have returned from the polls. Back to the trips, Werbenjeygermierman Jensen.
I've also decided to see if I can wrangle Eugene into a two-man road-trip to Mesa. w00t! It would be lots of fun and driving experience. Not to mention danger, adventure, and excitement.
Since I made regionals, I'll be traveling to Tucson in a bus a week from Friday. Again (with the bus traveling and not the week from Friday). More fun musical stuff. But the funnest music stuff of all is that we get to go to Disneyland/Cali. Adventure on tour! Hooray! The not fun part is that now, every member of the choir has strings attached to their joints with marionette paddles marked "Disneyland" that the choir director uses to make us dance to her tune (ha ha); and a sword hovering above all our necks with "$400" engraved on it wielded by our parents. A fine line to walk, ladies and gentlemen. A fine line.
And that's it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I bet Fellowship and RotK get watched alone much more often than Two Towers does. Broadly speaking, of course.
What would you do when you got to Mesa?
Even though Two Towers has Helm's Deep? I would figure it would be two towers and RotK, since Fellowship is mostly plot movement.
That's a good question. I'd probably end up visiting the cousins at least a little if I could. We might also decide to go camping. But even going is not a for sure thing yet, so we haven't planned out all the details of what we would do, just a general idea.
Got any good ones?
I would totally go dancing, but that's just me.
Yes, that makes sense. There are a couple of things that present a problem, however. I don't know how to dance. (Or to put it more specifically, I'm not comfortable dance the way I know how to dance in public, and certainly not with other people.)
This sounds like a job for college!
Yes, I suppose.
I was also thinking recently that if I did manage to pull it off, it wouldn't be too bad of a missionary/college experience. ME and another guy, by ourselves for a week. We've got to stand each other long enough, and nobody's watching us except each other (and the person who's always watching).
Post a Comment